Thursday, September 15, 2011

What you put on you, not in you

As you've probably guessed, I'm a big advocate for knowing what you put into your body an giving your machine the best, most high quality fuel possible.  However, for about 3 years now I've been also a bit advocate of knowing what you put on your body...you know... make-up, moisturiser, cleanser, shampoo, conditioners....the list can be endless.  I used to buy drug store whatever until I came upon this site...and it literally changed my shopping habits overnight.

The database is called Skin Deep and is run by the Environmental Working Group.  They have a huge database of skincare, haircare, make-up etc and the ingredients contained within.  But the best feature is an overall rating giving you an idea of the hazards that the chemicals contained in that product may pose.  It then breaks it down each chemical and gives you a rating for each and sites the evidence for the rating.  It's very informative and I highly recommend you look up the products you use everyday.

Just one more way we can take control of our bodies.

Enjoy,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment