Sunday, August 14, 2011

Make your own chic organizer wallet!

I've got too many cards and crap all mashed into one place in my tiny wallet.  It seems I've been in Perth long enough now to start to accumulate a few plastic cards, some gift vouchers and pictures etc - along with cash and coins.  Time to get organized.  In the spirit of self-sufficiency, and feeling like a challenge - I decided to make my own organizing wallet.  I scoured the internet for tutorials and found this gem, which you can find here.

The tutorial is super easy to follow with pictures at every step.  It only used less than 2 fat quarters (a fat quarter is one quarter of a square yard, or 18" x 22") of quilter's cotton and some heavy interfacing - probably about $10 worth of supplies.  I had a super cute fat quarter lying around in my sewing room that I was just dying to use.  If you've got a sewing machine and a bit of time (a few hours), why don't you give it a whirl?  I love my new wallet - check it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment